Friday, May 21, 2010

By the shores of a red river


Barren cold river shore.
Limbs scattered,
stench, tormenting enough
to melt my bones.
Wish I could escape far from this,
boundless river
casting death spell wherever it goes.

Brutal and red,
challenging the life - it rose high, roared,
swept away the beauty.
In a flash, laughing alive moments
washed away.
Leaving behind,
the broken parts of lives.


My eyes are moist,
at the sight of this gory scene
But I chose to do nothing
was busy building a dam,
securing my life.

secure, though all around
me was vanishing,
obsessed with ‘I’.
Like most other,
busy building their castles and boats,
while thousands are struggling to wade through,
in a desperate attempt to survive...

My castle is ready.
I am safe,
while rest fall off,
dead dry leaves
or a twig facing the heat,
perishing in their independent struggle,
clinging on to the last white grain of sand
by the shores of a red river.

1 comment:

  1. Comes the warmth, when ice gets melt
    Gravel scattered and gives way to life
    Petals their gives a charm of life
    Joy of ray next to your door…
    clasp it the way you be as its who you be.

    Cheer up…:)
    Abhi

    ReplyDelete